This pork leg was originally prepared for me when I cut the pork. I cut the rounds with a mouse and a whole leg, then I put it in brine for about half an hour. I packed the washes and stored them in the freezer. And now it was the turn of the first round, which I thawed, then I put it in cold water for about an hour (I was afraid it would not be too salty, but it was not at all). I took the pulp out of the water, wiped it and cut it in half lengthwise, then seasoned it with pepper, paprika and thyme. If the pulp is fresh, add salt and it was no longer the case for me. I put the spiced pulp in the baking bag, in a tray in which I added water.
I put the tray in the oven for about an hour. In the meantime, I peeled the potatoes, cut them into 4, seasoned them with pepper, paprika and rosemary sprigs. I cut the pulp in the bag in which it was baked and kept the sauce in which I put the potatoes. I placed the pulp slices on top, I put the garlic cloves and I put the tray in the oven for another 30-40 minutes, turning the pulp to brown on both sides.
What came out? A treat !!
I invite you to dinner !!
Lamb leg, in the oven, in the oven
In our city you can find it Lamb cheap and plentiful twice a year: around Catholic and Orthodox Easter (plentiful & # 8211 shortly before Easter, cheap - immediately after it). It sometimes happens that both events are held simultaneously, so the offer is substantially narrowed in terms of time. For the rest of the year, only the frozen foods in hypermarkets can satisfy your appetite for lamb. Or Dedeman, who has a varied offer of nails in which you can put your appetite. Sliced, portioned and frozen lamb that comes from antipodes is very tasty, but has a small defect, in the sense that the price consists of three digits, placed before the well-known ", 99 Lei / kg". I did not do a detailed economic analysis to see if it is more efficient to buy a "cheap" lamb that I keep for a few months in the freezer (taking up space and consuming electricity), or to buy exactly my piece (s). which I need when I need it. As a result, for Easter, I stock up on what I need for a lamb soup and a piece of lamb (head, internal organs, prapur) and two thighs (or two “quarters” of lamb): one for the traditional lamb steak from the family reunion on Easter Sunday, the other, as a reserve for special occasions. Such a "reserve", which I named lamb leg, in the oven, in the oven, I prepared on the occasion of a general cleaning through the freezer.
What do you need?
- A hind leg of lamb (or "a hind quarter of lamb" as sold in hypermarkets) - about 1.5 - 2.5 kg of meat with bone (depending on the size of the lamb)
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- A clove of garlic, unwrapped in a saucepan (uncleaned, lightly crushed with the side of the knife blade)
- 3-4 sprigs of dried thyme
- 350 - 500 mL white, dry, quality wine (Note: if the wine is not good for drinking, then it is not good for cooking either).
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds (ground)
- 6 cloves of garlic (cleaned and crushed)
- 1 teaspoon mixed pepper (ground)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Greek mixture of spices for stifado
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- juice of 1 small lemon
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 mL white wine, sec.
How do you proceed?
First, prepare the marinade in which you will keep the lamb. When you start the marinade, think that the lamb must stay in the stove for about 24 hours, if you want a tender, juicy and fragrant steak.
Crush in a mortar 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds.
Peel and crush 6 cloves of garlic.
Mix the coriander, garlic, salt, pepper, spices for stifado, nutmeg, dried basil and thyme leaves until you get a thick, homogeneous paste.
Thin the pasta, incorporating in it, in turn: lemon and lime juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, then dilute with white wine. Mix well again until smooth.
Over the piece of lamb, previously washed and tossed, sprinkle about 2-3 teaspoons of dried thyme, then grease it conscientiously with the stain you just prepared (or marinade, as it is scientifically called).
Put the piece of meat thus prepared in a resealable bag, remove as much air as possible from the bag, seal the bag and leave it to cool for 24 hours, either in a cool, constant temperature cellar or in the refrigerator.
After the time expires (the next day, as it comes), you can start effective preparation of the steak.
Preheat the stove oven to 165 - 175 ˚C.
Grease a large tray (and with slightly higher walls) with oil and place in the tray a clove of garlic broken into the components (puppies, that is). You don't have to clean them, just crush them lightly, pressing them with the side of the blade of a knife. Add a few sprigs of dried thyme (or even fresh, if you have the respective item) to the tray.
Place the piece of lamb (with the stain) in the middle of the tray and pour into the wine tray. Be generous!
Then cover the tray with aluminum foil (here the foil has the role of retaining the steam released in the process of preparation in the tray and not to prohibit the access of aliens to the hidden thoughts of the leg of lamb) and put it in the oven for about two hours. Halfway through, about an hour later, turn the meat over. If the piece of meat is large (ie it beats more towards 2.5 - 3 kg), it can be covered in the oven even 2 h 30 '- 2 h 45'.
From now on you can remove the aluminum foil. Leave the meat uncovered in the oven for about 30 minutes (180 - 190 ˚C), until the liquid evaporates from the tray. From time to time, grease the piece of meat with the juice from the tray.
At the end, you can turn the meat with the “presentation part” up and you can brown it for 3-4 minutes (no more than you will burn it) with the flame from the oven vault.
Then remove the piece of meat on a large, flat plate (or on a plate) and let it rest for at least 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. I prepared it the day before and sliced it cold the next day. It is good and so cold, but it also warms up shortly before serving, either by placing the slices of meat for 10 minutes in the preheated oven or in the microwave (2 minutes at 700 W for 3 servings of 150 g).
Such a steak does not particularly require a garnish. It can be served with a salad with many greens (spinach, green onions, arugula, lettuce) and radishes. I tested it with some potatoes with lemon and garlic sauce, baked in the Greek way. But these potatoes, or these, also work.
If you make this Easter steak, there's no point in messing with the wine that suits it. It is the wine you have especially for this holiday. But if your appetite for lamb has faded at another time of year, I suggest a local Fetească Neagră or even a Cabernet-Syrah de Pays D’Oc.
Have fun and see you healthy again!
If you like lamb, for more suggestions you can take a look here.
Baked pulp round - Recipes
The lamb legs kept in the bait, breaded and sprinkled with spices before being put in the oven, then cooked over the right heat, in a covered tray, become very tender and have a special taste.
- Ingredients: 2 kg lamb meat, 50 g bacon, 10 cloves garlic, a little dried thyme, salt and pepper to taste, 100 ml oil for frying.
For the bait: 1 cup dry white wine, 50 ml oil, 2 bay leaves, 2 tablespoons mustard seeds, 1 tablespoon peppercorns, 1 sprig of thyme.
- Preparation: 2 and a half hours before preparation, clean the pulp of the skins and all the fat which, by frying, acquires an unpleasant taste. Place in a bowl where the bath was made with spices (leave in the bath, cold in the refrigerator, one hour on one side and another hour on the other side). Then remove the pulp and clean it well with a dry napkin, then bread with the pieces of bacon and garlic (with the tip of a sharp knife make small holes in the meat, where the pieces of bacon and garlic are inserted), salt and season according to taste, being the thyme sprinkled on top. After 10 minutes from heating the oven, place it in the oil pan and put it in the oven, over high heat at the beginning. After 20 minutes, during which time the pulp has been on both sides in the oil in the pan, browning slightly, lower the oven temperature, adjusting to a minimum to medium, then add to the pan and a large cup. of water that helps to soften and form the sauce. From time to time, the pulp is sprinkled with the juice from the tray in which it is in the oven, until the meat is tender, between 2 and 3 hours - the duration depends on the oven temperature and the size of the pulp - and, if the water has evaporated in the meantime, complete with another hot. To make sure that the pulp is well penetrated, tender "melts in the mouth", the tray is covered in the oven from the beginning with a suitable lid or foil (ideally a deeper clay tray with a lid), to make the pulp smothered, in steam, towards the end leaving it exposed in the oven for about 15 minutes, over a high heat, in order to brown it nicely, but not too much, in order not to dry it. When ready, remove the fat from the meat and combine with 2-3 cloves of garlic grated, then grease the lamb pulp with the resulting sauce, leaving a little to "rest" to fully penetrate the tastes .
- How to serve: the lamb pulp is served sliced, sprinkled with the sauce formed in the tray, along with a garnish of mashed beans / beans or traditionally made potatoes, cut in half and baked in the oven.
Information: free specialized tourist assistance Bucovina - mobile infotourism 0741 405498 (info: itineraries, objectives of interest, tourist map, programs and circuits in progress, available camps / excursions, tourist events, traditions etc)
Free tourist support Bucovina: reservations are made by directly contacting the administrators / owners of qualitatively selected tourist structures in Bucovina
You have accessed tourist portal www.BucovinaCazare.ro - if the information you read now is useful to you, please recommend us further, giving LIKE and / or Shari. Thank you !
ACCOMMODATION BUCOVINA - permanently updated offers = rates set directly by the owners - low rates, no commission like BOOKING (no commission charged from tourists or owners) - CLICK HERE & gt & gt
Whole lamb leg in the oven, Greek style
A year ago, for the festive Easter meal, I made a whole lamb steak in the oven. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to write the recipe for you to test. So only now does he see the "light of print".
It is not a complicated recipe but very easy to make, like any simple steak recipe. Although lamb is harder to digest and it is not recommended to associate it with potatoes rather with a salad of vegetables, this time I made an exception and I put some potatoes to cook next to it.
The combination may be unhealthy, but I'm sorry it's worth a try at least once. It's delicious! especially when the potatoes are cooked in the juice left over from baking the meat. Mmmm, a madness of tastes and flavors!
For this recipe for whole lamb leg in the oven, I was inspired by the video recipe that I saw on Youtube at Dimitra & # 8217s Dishes and that I leave below. The explanations are in English, but for those who don't know, I told in detail the method of preparation in writing, in Romanian. The video perfectly completes the written part. Or vice versa :)
In the video below you have another recipe to prepare a whole lamb leg in the oven. This time I put the potatoes in the pan from the beginning and they came out perfectly even if they stayed in the oven for 3 hours.
Don't forget to subscribe to the Youtube channel
and activate the bell to keep up to date with the latest news!
1. Peel the skin, wash it and drain it.
2. Wipe it with a napkin, then grease it with oil and sprinkle it with salt, pepper, thyme and ground coriander.
3. Put it in a deep pan, add the wine, oil, bay leaves, sage and rosemary.
4. Peel the onion, wash it and cut it into 3-4 thick slices. Onions should not be cut thin, it will dissolve simply because of the time spent in the oven, and will no longer give flavor to lamb.
5. Cut the garlic cloves in 2 horizontally.
6. Place the onion slices and the garlic halves with the cut side down in the tray around the leg.
7. Put a cup of water and put the tray in the hot oven after covering it with aluminum foil.
8. Bake the meat on the right heat, until it penetrates well, about 2 hours. In the last 10 minutes in the oven, put the foil on the bottom to brown. At this point you can grease it with a mixture of olive oil, honey and a little mustard, to catch a delicious crust. Grease it on one side, leave it for 5 minutes or until it is brown, then turn it over, grease it, let it brown.
The lamb pulp is served hot in the oven. It can be served with horseradish sauce.
The most juicy meat for the festive meal - baked lamb leg!
Mediterranean-style lamb leg with rosemary, thyme and garlic, which make the meat incredibly fragrant. The marinated meat is particularly tender, juicy and tasty. The recipe is also valid for pork chop. Prepare this good-looking dish for the Easter meal and all the guests will be delighted!
& # 8211 2,1 kg of lamb leg (pork chop)
& # 8211 fresh or dried rosemary
& # 8211 Fresh or dried thyme
& # 8211 2 tablespoons olive oil
& # 8211 2 teaspoons salt or to taste
& # 8211 1 teaspoon dried coriander
& # 8211 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
& # 8211 1 teaspoon of Italian herbs
& # 8211 ¼ teaspoon chili pepper flakes or to taste
& # 8211 ½ teaspoon of grated orange peel
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. Wash the lamb meat very well and dry it with kitchen towels.
2. Remove the film from the surface of the pulp without cutting the fat.
3. Cut the garlic into thick slices.
4. Mix salt with coriander, paprika, garlic, Italian herbs, black pepper, 6-strand fresh thyme leaves or dried thyme, chili pepper flakes (optional) and olive oil.
5. Line the tray with foil or baking paper, place the pulp and rub it on one side with half of the marinade and on the other side with the remaining marinade.
6. Make small, deep incisions with a knife and bread the lamb with the garlic cloves.
7. Then insert a short rosemary thread into each hole. If you have garlic left, place the slices under the pulp, together with 2 rosemary threads.
8. Cover the tray with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
9. Remove the pulp about 1 hour before putting it in the oven.
10. Cut onion into thick slices and carrot into large pieces.
11. Place the vegetables under the pulp, thus forming a bed due to which the meat will not burn and will soak the flavor of the vegetables.
12. Cover the tray with foil or baking paper and bake the pulp in the preheated oven at 220 ° С for 2-2.5 hours. Baking time depends on the size of the pulp. After inserting the tray into the oven, pour in it about ½ glass of hot water.
13. Then remove the foil, sprinkle the pulp with the juice accumulated in the pan and bake for another 20 minutes. Check that the meat is ready: stick it with the knife and transparent juice should flow. Also, be careful not to dry the pulp too much.
14. Cover the meat with foil and let it rest for at least 30 minutes.
15. Meanwhile, remove the juice from the pan in a bowl and dilute it with hot water to taste. Add salt, crushed garlic, grated lemon peel, chili pepper and chopped coriander. Optionally, add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Hunting specialties: roasted roe deer with mushroom sauce
Why venture into a restaurant when a hunting specialty arouses your curiosity? Prepare a special food right in your kitchen. Enjoy a refined recipe of roast deer in the oven with mushroom sauce. It can only be delicious, and your loved ones will definitely confirm this.
To prepare a roast deer in the oven you need:
1 kg deer pulp
1 canned mushrooms
4-5 cloves of garlic
50 gr smoked bacon
Spices for game
The deer pulp is deboned. The bone is put in a pot to boil with a little peppercorns and salt. Froth whenever needed until the soup remains clean. While the bone is boiling, bread the venison with garlic and bacon. After that, season the meat on both sides with special spices for game. In a pan pour the oil, put the venison and then pour the water so that it covers the meat up to half. Preheat the oven, and when it reaches 300-320 degrees, you can put the meat.
Deer meat is not made very quickly, which is why you must be careful to penetrate it very well.
1 leg of lamb or goat (2 - 2.5 kg), 50 ml of olive oil, 100 g of fatty yogurt, 2 teaspoons coarse salt, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 3- 4 rosemary sprigs, juice of 1 lemon, 1 large clove of garlic, 200 ml dry white wine.
Wash the pulp and wipe it with paper towels. You grow it from place to place. Make a marinade of olive oil, fatty yogurt, coarse salt, black pepper, paprika, dried oregano and lemon juice. Grease the pulp and leave it to marinate in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. You put it in a tray with high walls and stick rosemary leaves in notches. Pour the wine and the remaining marinade, fill with water, cover the tray with aluminum foil and bake at 170 ºC for 2 hours. Turn the steak over once and, if necessary, top up with water. Cut the garlic head crosswise and place it in the pan. Remove the foil and leave it in the oven for another 30-40 minutes, until the pulp is nicely browned. Serve with seasonal lettuce. Good appetite!
Honey pulp the tray & # 8211 honey steak recipe
Lamb pulp on the tray & ndash recipe for tender and fragrant lamb steak with garlic and wine. How to make traditional lamb steak in the oven? Simple recipe, written and video.
How is the lamb pulp served on the tray?
After removing it from the oven, let it breathe for 10-15 minutes, exactly as we place it on the plate. In this way, the meat relaxes, becomes much more tender and finer.
Put together a seasonal garnish, it depends on what you want.
It can be a leurda salad & ndash recipe here.
I prepared some small potatoes, which I put in the pan, next to the lamb steak, towards the end. I rolled them well through the sauce left by the meat. When they penetrated, I removed the aluminum foil and let everything brown.
Doesn't it look wonderfully good? Too bad I can't describe the taste: simple, fresh, slightly spicy & hellipo goodness /
The meat is tender, you don't even need a knife, it breaks easily only with a fork. And the potatoes are absolutely delicious.
I recommend trying the recipe, it is ideal for a holiday meal with loved ones.
I also leave the video recipe below, to see absolutely everything I make and what my steak looks like.
I wish you a happy Easter, with light and joy!
Re & # 539 recipes with Gina Bradea & raquo Recipes & raquo Lamb pulp on the tray & ndash lamb steak recipe
Deer meat in the oven
For deer, or any other game in general, you will need a coconut, it is the only one that keeps the humidity perfectly in the oven. You can also use a regular tray, with a lid or aluminum foil, but you will need to hydrate the meat more often. The game meat is fair and strong & # 8211 being wild animals, they do not have time to accumulate fat because they run / fly all the time and the muscles are trained and strong. With game meat, two types of sauce go perfectly, salty or sweet. Below you will find the recipe for brown beef sauce but you can also try a berry sauce or quince with burnt sugar & # 8211 after all it is a matter of taste.
Deer meat (pulp, 2, 3 kg):
Fry the piece of meat in a casserole, in a little oil, on all sides. Remove and add chopped onion, garlic, cook for a few minutes, then some vegetables you have on hand: carrots, celery, parsley root and parsnips. Put the meat back, let it boil, add half a liter of red wine, let it boil well until the alcohol evaporates, add a liter of beef or chicken stock, a few bay leaves, salt, pepper, sweet paprika. Bring to the boil and put in the oven at 150 degrees. Every maximum 2 hours, turn the piece of meat. After the first turn, add a few chopped oranges, without the skin. It will be ready (tender) after 5-6 hours. Remove the meat on a wooden bottom and pass through the sieve the remaining vegetable sauce. It can be thickened on fire by evaporation, but it will not be fantastic.
For serving, if you choose the beef / salty sauce, a steamed green beans and a mashed potato make a royal meal!
For two cups of sauce, you will need about 1.5 - 2 kg of beef bones, with some fat, meat and marrow. If they are bald, keep them for dogs because you work in vain. Two carrots, two large onions, half a head of celery, cut into suitable cubes. Salt, pepper, half a cup of tomato paste, half a liter of red wine (do not use homemade wine), two bay leaves, a tablespoon of vinegar, 1l stock of beef.
Brown the bones in the oven, on a tray lined with baking paper, at 180 degrees, until they start to brown (about 30 minutes). Add the vegetables, mix and arrange the bones on top. Leave in the oven for another 20 minutes, until the bones turn brown.
After adding the vegetables, start to cook the tomato paste, with a tablespoon of oil, in a large pot. After changing its color to very dark red, add half of the wine. Homogenize and mix from time to time, until it decreases and remains a thick paste. Repeat the process with the rest of the wine then add the beef stock. It will be almost 20 minutes since you started the operation, so take the tray out of the oven and add the bones and vegetables to the pot. If the bones and vegetables are not well covered, add more stock or warm water. Add a little salt, a little pepper, bay leaves and vinegar. Cut a circle with the diameter of the pot from the baking paper in the tray and cover the contents of the pot. Leave on the fire for at least a few good hours. Allow to cool slightly, strain and store in the refrigerator, in jars, for a few days or in the freezer, in plastic boxes, for a few months.
What you have done so far is the base, which can be customized according to taste and depending on the meat or garnish it completes. To finish it, ideal for deer, keep the sauce strained in a saucepan, over low heat, add a little Dijon mustard (start with a teaspoon), season with salt and pepper, mix and taste. Add a tablespoon of butter, possibly add mustard if you like a stronger taste. If you want a thick sauce, add a teaspoon of starch / corn flour and mix a little until it thickens and homogenizes. Great for baked beef or mashed potatoes.