We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Hidden on the second floor of Kimpton Gray hotel, Chicago’s sleek Vol. 39 is a spirit-forward bar where a menu of Old Fashioned variations and a six-Martini flight are de rigueur. The Spanish Armada by bartender Jessica Lambert is a layering of Lustau Brandy de Jerez, El Dorado 12-year-old rum, Lustau PX sherry and bitter Bigallet China-China amer. The drink’s peaty, nuanced secret? The Famous Grouse Smoky Black blended scotch. The savory spice layers unfold with Bittercube Jamaican No. 1, Angostura and The Bitter End curry bitters.
- 1 oz El Dorado 12-year-old rum
- 1 oz Lustau Brandy de Jerez sherry
- 1/4 oz The Famous Grouse Smoky Black blended scotch
- 1/4 oz Lustau PX sherry
- 1/4 oz Bigallet China-China amer
- 1 dash Bittercube Jamaican No. 1 bitters
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 3 drops The Bitter End curry bitters
- Garnish: Orange peel
Add all the ingredients into a mixing glass and stir.
Pour into a Nick & Nora glass.
Express the oil from an orange peel and drop the peel in the glass.